Policies in regards to adopting our English Labrador Puppies
We reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone at any time. We reserve the right to refund your deposit/money and cancel any sale.
1. If you wish to reserve a puppy, we require a non-refundable deposit of $250 ($500 for pick of the litter male or female or other breeders pick). Your deposit holds your place for a puppy. For regular picks we go in order of deposit when placing our puppies. Deposits will not be refunded if you change your mind. If you have to cancel for any reason or there is no puppy for you, your deposit will be moved to a future litter. Your deposit is applied to the full price of the puppy. We take deposits to ensure organization of interested adopters. This also helps us breed responsibly so that our puppies are ensured homes BEFORE conception or birth. If for some reason you need to cancel, please notify us and your deposit will be moved to the next litter if requested. If there is no puppy for you from the expected litter we will continue to move your deposit again. We will hold the price we quoted you for up to one year.
2. We do not ship our puppies. Our buyers drive or fly in from all over the world to the Minneapolis airport. They visit us at our country home in Mora, Minnesota. We want to meet you! We also want you to meet the parents and grandparents of your puppy in person and carry your puppy with you on the plane. We must meet you in person for transfer of your puppy. Please do not ask us to ship your puppy.
3. Our White Lab puppies are sold on limited registration as pets. There are no breeding or showing rights with the puppy that you purchase from us. Limited registration means that you will not be able to show in the AKC conformation ring or register the offspring with AKC. Our puppies are sold as PETS ONLY. I don't respond to inquiries about full registration with breeding rights.
4. Every puppy comes with a written health guarantee, shot record and bill of sale. Our extended health guarantee goes above and beyond the Minnesota 1 year guarantee if you follow our feeding guidelines. The 4 yr extended guarantee for hips/elbows/eyes requires the puppy be fed LIfe's Abundance Large Breed puppy food (purchased from us) for the entire 4 years and to not have been under or overfed. Also, your puppy must be well cared for during it's life, never been bred, transferred ownership or sustained injuries.
5. All puppies must be picked up when indicated (at 8 weeks old) or the next adopter will be contacted. You will be given a pick up date for when your puppy is ready to go home. We do not hold puppies past the go-home date unless discussed well in advance. We feel it's important for them to train and bond with you during their early months. If we hold your puppy for you past the go-home date, you'll be charged a boarding fee per day.
6. We do not take checks or Paypal for final payment. We accept Paypal, Zelle & check payments for deposit. When paying with Paypal, there will be a 3.5% fee applied (this is what PayPal charges for use of their services). Or, send it friend to friend please so there are no fees. Due to internet scams, we cannot take cashier checks, money orders, wire transfers, etc... The remainder is due at 3 weeks of age (by check) or 6 weeks of age by Zelle. We are not accepting cash at this time. If you have questions about final payment please contact us. When sending money by mail we ask that you send it to our PO box only with delivery conf. Loyal Labradors PO box 32 Mora, MN 55051
7. We understand that at times major moves, changes or crisis may take place in people lives. We offer our customers support in the homing, placement of the puppy/dog if a crisis or need arises. Do NOT surrender your dog to a shelter for any reason. This is stated in our puppy agreement as well.
8. We gladly welcome visits to our home, from future adopters that have placed a deposit, but only at the time of go-home (8 weeks old). Our puppies go fast and are generally spoken for before conception. People that have placed a deposit have priority on our wait list. Therefore, visits to our home are limited to trusted adopters that have placed a deposit with us. This helps eliminate "puppy shoppers" from walking through large kennels and then coming to our home....possibly bringing sickness or disease along with them.
9. 1 set of shots and 3 dewormings are done before the puppies go home at 8 weeks old. We don't guarantee that dew claws will be removed. Our Vet does them when possible. If they are removed by our licensed Vet it is important to know that dew claws can grow back so removal of dew claws are not guaranteed.
10. I retain first pick male and first pick female on all litters. Pick of the litter male and female are reserved for the breeder or often go to service and therapy dogs homes and do not count in the puppy pick selection for adopters. At times I will also keep other breeders picks. There are times the breeders picks may become available. The price is more for a pick of the litter or breeders pick.
11. There will be a $200 delivery fee if you need your puppy delivered to the airport. We encourage you to come to our home when possible. If this is not possible we can arrange a time to meet you with your puppy at the MSP airport instead if the timing is between 8 - 9 weeks of age. The Minneapolis airport is about a 4 hr round trip with traffic and road construction but often takes a good part of my day.
12. MN sales tax does apply.
AN INVITE: On occasion we have met adopters at the airport. However we now ask that you come to our MN home to pick up your Lab puppy. This way you will get to meet the parents of your puppy and see what we are all about. You will see how our Labrador puppies are raised in the heart of our home. We want to give you quality time and we feel we can do that best here in our home. Come for a short stay. We want to get to know you as well. Special exceptions will be made for service dogs or people with special needs or unique situations when possible. If you'd like me to meet you at the airport there will be a delivery fee.